HOW TO MAKE KIMEKOMI DOLLS
1,EQUIPMENT and SUPPLIES
- Marutoh,Dolls scissors,Tucking spatula, Meuchi, some sticks, Glue powder, Bond, Sandpaper, Wooden powder. Wooden powder and Paste powder is including COMPLETE SET
- Marutoh:To make hole tool.
- Meuchi:Perforating tool.
- Bond:Japanese strong glue. More detail
2,PREPARE to MAKE
- KIMEKOMI DOLLS KIT is wooden cast.The cast has carving line.Our wooden powder has glue in it. Then it will collect by add to water into the powder to make it like clay. Apply the paste to the parts where you find cracks and bumps.Wait until the body gets dried .Then use a sandpaper to make the surface smooth. You should carving line a cutter or wet spatula to make the carving line deep enough.
I recommend to paste washi paper to the parts that are easy to break, such as parts you need to make holes. After the paper gets dried, put the dolls head and hand and draw a line to know where to make the holes.When you make a hole for the head,keep going deeper until you reach an empty space.Then try to put the head to make sure the size is right.At this process, do not touch the dolls face.
Glue powder:Water= 1:1.5 Mixing. Reference to above pictures.
PLEASE NOTE: Paper pattern is not attached to our dolls.Put a square piece of fabric on the doll. We recommend using the square piece rather than paper pattern because it's easier to choose and your favorite design apply on any where you like. How to put the fabric: You must start putting big parts of the body by using from the edge of fabric. This is basic when putting from the square piece. Also you have to check that a fabric is covers a part where you want to put it. Also the direction of fabrics needs to be checked.
Start putting fabric on a bigger part where you need biggest fabric.Put glue into the carving line and then apply the fabric along the carving line with tacking spatula. During this process, hold the fabric tight , so that fabric won't the move.
Cut the fabric along the carving line little by little by leaving the fabric as small as possible.(apx.2mm)
PLEASE NOTE: It's important to cut little by little , so that you will have enough fabrics left for other parts.
Then,use the tacking spatula to push the fabric into the carving line until you don't see edge of the fabrics.
Keep the same process for other parts. Remember
to work on from bigger parts to smaller parts.
First, glue hands if they are include. Next, try putting the head into the hole you made earlier. to make sure how you want the dolls look like. At this process, don't touch the doll face. We recommend using a soft paper or cloth to cover the face. Attach the head into the hole by using a Bond. If the head still moves, put the glue more. Use a tooth brush to calm the hair of the doll. Be careful not to pull the hair strongly because the hair would be fallen.
This web site is selling Kimekomi dolls kits, completed dolls, fabrics and tools. You can see a lot of Japanese kimekomi dolls here.Please ask us if you need only body or face. I could be prepared them.
- Q & A We will sell not only kits but also completed dolls, so please ask us if you are interested in the dolls.
- When you are coming to the store, please ask me first. I'll be there when it is possible.
- Address: 660 Aiharamachi, Machidashi, Tokyo,
- 194-0211 JAPAN
- Fax: +81-42-772-7515
Kimekomi doll store