KIMEKOMI DOLLS Q&A
Q:Can I make KIMEKOMI DOLLS? I have never made one before..
- A:Yes, you can. However, for the true beginner in this ancient craft we recommend that you begin with our "KIMEKOMI for Beginners". We believe that this step by step guide will provide the beginner with the satisfaction of completing a professional appearing KIMEKOMI doll.
Q:Can I make a KIMEKOMI DOLLS if I don't have all of the doll making tools recommended in the KIMEKOMI for BEGINNERS GUIDE?
- A:The correct tools make the construction easier and result in a more professional appearing KIMEKONI DOLL. The tools for making the dolls are somewhat specialized, and both experienced and professional doll makers rely on them. While it is possible to make a KIMEKONI doll without all of the proper equipment, we believe that you will be more satisfied with the final result if you have them at hand during your doll making projects.
Q:I have made KIMEKOMI DOLLS only by using a paper pattern. Can I make KIMEKOMI DOLLS without the pattern?
- A: We believe that the most beautiful dolls are made without the use of a paper pattern, We recommend that you use a square piece a fabric, since this will allow you the flexibility to choose the most beautiful of fabrics and arrange that fabric to fit your own vision of the finished doll.
Q:Are your fabric squares large enough to complete the doll whether or not I use a paper pattern?
- A:The size of the fabric that we supply should never be a problem. Our fabric pieces are larger than the size of standard paper patterns..
Q: What can I do in the unlikely case that the fabric supplied is not large enough to complete my project?
- A: We can usually supply you with more of the same patterned fabric. In the unlikely case that you do need more fabric, please send us a small clipping of the fabric or a photograph. Photographs can be emailed to us at email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: Additional fabric and shipping costs will apply.. Also there may be occasions where we are unable to make a perfect match of your fabric, so please prepare your fabric carefully when starting a doll project.
Q: Are the fabrics supplied the same as shown in the sample pictures?
- A: Fabrics supplied may differ from those shown in the sample pictures, however the overall look and quality of the fabrics supplied will be the same.
Q: I want to know exactly which fabric will be supplied before I make a purchase
- A: If we cannot supply the identical fabric shown in the sample picture we will notify you and recommend other fabric choices so please let me know if you want the identical fabric.
Q: What if I want to use my own fabrics?
- A: That is no problem at all. Simply order the BODY kit, which is supplied without the fabrics. Please note that in that case Glue is NOT supplied with the kit.
Q: What can I do if I don’t like the fabrics which have been supplied in my kit?.
- A: We can exchange fabrics, simply return the fabrics to us and we will exchange them for you. Please note that you will have to pay all shipping costs. And if you choose fabrics is more expensive than the regular complete set, we might add to payment.
Q: I want to choose the fabrics for my KIMEKONI doll.
- A: You can specify the fabrics for complete-set, using the photographs shown on our website and we are adding 10% fee at that time. You can also purchase your own fabrics and then order our BODY kit, which comes without fabrics. You can see our fabrics here.
Q: Can I purchase the Completed Doll option but supply you with my own fabrics?
- A: Yes, we can do this, however the cost will be higher due to the additional costs involved in making a single doll. Unfortunately we are not equipped to work with detailed fabric instructions. The cost of making a doll in this manner would be prohibitive. If you intend to supply your own fabrics, you MUST inform us of that WHEN you order.
We sell Kimekomi-style doll kits, fabrics and tools. Not only you can buy completed dolls, you can pick fabricss of dolls and make Kimekomi dolls by yourself! Enjoy our wide selection and don't hesitate to ask bodies only or faces only. We will be happy to assist you.
- If you are interested in our products, please drop by our store. Our English skill may be limited, but we will help you as best as we can.
- Address: 660 Aiharamachi, Machidashi, Tokyo,
- 194-0211 JAPAN
- Fax: +81-42-772-7515
Kimekomi doll store