The role of HYOSO
- Please compare with the pictures with HYOUSOU and without it.
- You can easy to understand how important HYOUSOU is.
The name of parts for HON HYOUSO (one style of “HYOUSOU”)
The fabrics of CHU-MAWASHI are important for Kakejiku.
The best fabric is chosen for each picture.
"KAKEJIKU" is a Hanging Scroll, which is put on the wall of TOKONOMA (Japanese alcove).
- Japanese people used to put seasonal "KAKEJIKU" on each season. The picture of "KAKEJIKU" have some meanings, so they usually put them for good fortune for themselves. "KAKEJIKU" is originated from China, so its influence remains strongly. However, it spread all over Japan with "ZEN" and "CHANOYU (Japanese tea ceremony)", and it has developed independently in Japan. The beauty of style developed with SADO (Japanese tea ceremony) is "HYOUSO" or "HYOUGU" (The meaning of "HYOUSO" is written below).
What is "HYOUSO"?"KAKEJIKU" is made of a picture and a frame. The picture is called "HONSHI". "HYOUSO" means making the frame for "HONSHI". By doing "HYOUSO", "KAKEJIKU" is made. Choosing the materials for "HYOUSO" is very important for "KAKEJIKU" because if they had a bad combination, it would spoil the good picture. Then, "HYOUSO" have several styles which are decided for the pictures, but most of "KAKEJIKU" which we introduce here is completed by "HON-HYOUSO" (one of the styles of "HYOUSO") excluding "UKIYO-E".
- Notice: Our products are not hand painted because you can easy to get brand-new ones.
- It is made from GICLEE techniques.
This web site is selling Kakejiku. If you want to see more contents, please ask us.
- If you want to come to our shop in Aihara-machi (in Tokyo), please email me first (Our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can do enough preparation for your visiting. We also don't have any stock of Kakejiku.